Tuesday, April 16, 2013

God uses ordinary people.




My heart was broken when I first learned of human trafficking years ago. It still breaks every time I hear another story or meet another girl who is a victim.  This is my holy discontent. I still cry and get physically sick and so angry!  

For me it brought up so many questions.  This can't be happening! Who would do this? Who would sell their own child?  Why is there a demand? Who is buying these girls?  Why?  But most importantly I kept asking myself- Who am I? What can I do? I came up with a list of my "weaknesses" I'm a stay at home mom.  I'm not in a position to knock down a brothel door. I'm not in law enforcement- I don't have a social work degree, I'm not a survivor, I don't have the power to do anything, etc.  

God told me otherwise.

2 Corinthians 12:9 says My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  

What I've come to learn is none of my so-called weakness matter.  Here is what does:  I'm passionate about this cause and I am a Christian.  I don't believe people should be sold for sex; or labor or anything- period.  I don't have the power, God does.  If you have felt like me,  that there is nothing you can do about human trafficking, think again.  All of us have a role to play.  Ordinary people are ESSENTIAL in eradicating modern day slavery.  Everyone I know is an ordinary person. God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things.  
- written by Kristen Guerrieri

Get the book here.
Start here:
Read this book, pray, then do something within your reach.  You can also contact us about ways to volunteer. ht_ministry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment